DETROIT - The strong smell of natural gas prompted the evacuation of the Detroit emergency services dispatch center on Lyndon Street Tuesday.
Police said the odor started to fill the building just before noon and a couple of employees complained of headaches and a woozy feeling. One woman was taken to the hospital.
The fire, police and EMS departments work out of the building. Service was disrupted for about 15 minutes, but everything is back online.
DTE Energy said a leak of the odorant it puts in natural gas is the blame - not an actual gas leak.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.