1. General. By submitting an entry to WDIV-TV Local 4 ("WDIV") to enter the "Super Singer Contest" (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest"), the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Contest Entry Period begins May 1, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), and ends on May 11, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the Contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of WDIV and Sponsors, whose decisions are binding and final. WDIV and Sponsors reserve the right to amend these Official Rules, withdraw the transmission of the Contest and award the prize from among entries received prior to the date of the withdrawal, or to otherwise cancel the Contest without awarding a prize. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from this Contest.
2. Eligibility. Open only to legal residents of the state of Michigan, USA or the province of Ontario, Canada. Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entry, or if a person is between seven (7) years old and (17) years old at the time of entry, he or she must have a parent or legal guardian enter the contest on his or her behalf, and such parent or legal guardian must be at least 18 years old or older at the time of entry. No entries will be accepted from or on behalf of an entrant under the age of seven (7) years old. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable US federal or state laws and regulations or applicable Canadian law. Employees and immediate family members of Sponsors, WDIV, the Parade Company, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, advertising and promotion agencies are ineligible to participate.
3. How To Enter. You may enter by completing the entry form posted online at ClickOnDetroit.com which includes name, city, telephone number, email address, and by uploading a video approximately two (2) minutes long of you singing a song of your choice. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All entries become the property of WDIV and will not be acknowledged or returned. All online entries must be received before 11:59 PM ET on May 11, 2015 to be eligible.
5. Selection of Winner. Based on the video submissions, a group of potential semi-finalists will be selected to audition in person at the WDIV studio during the week of May 21st. WDIV producers, in their sole discretion, will narrow the field of singers down to five semi-finalists who will sing during the Detroit Fireworks program on June 22, 2015. In the semi-finals round, the five semi-finalists will be narrowed down to two finalists by a panel of judges, in the judges' sole discretion. Those two (2) finalists will perform again during the broadcast of the Detroit Fireworks program on June 22, 2015, and the public will vote online at ClickOnDetroit.com during the program to choose the final winner. There will be one (1) winner selected by the online votes. In the event of a tie, producers and/or the panel of judges will break the tie. The winner will be announced on air during the Detroit Fireworks program on June 22, 2015.
6. Prize. To be determined. The prize (and its estimated retail value) to be awarded to the winner will be announced during the contest period. The prize may not be redeemed for cash, and WDIV and Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of like value after the prize to be awarded has been announced. Winner is responsible for any income taxes associated with such prize.
7. Disclaimer. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases the Sponsor, WDIV and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. The Sponsor, WDIV and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant's name, city, state, likeness, video submission and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity, in any media without additional compensation. The entrant's name and city of residence will be posted online and mailed to those who request it. Entrants represent and warrant that they have the right to submit their video entry.
8. Internet. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of WDIV and Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Contest, WDIV and Sponsor reserve their right in their discretion to disqualify any individual they believe has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. The Sponsor, WDIV and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries: (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by WDIV or Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
9. Winning. Announcement to take place on or around June 22, 2015 on WDIV-TV Local 4.
10. Name of Winners. For the name of the Winners after June 22, 2015 (i) visit the following website: www.clickondetroit.com; (ii) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to be received by WDIV no later than December 31, 2015, to: 550 W. Lafayette Blvd., Detroit, Michigan 48226; or (iii) send an email requesting the winner's name to email@example.com.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.