In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- State park details to be revealed for Belle Isle
- Tuesday declared 'Human Rights Day'
- Remembering Mandela: Special coverage on Local 4
- Bob Bashara in court for pretrial hearing Tuesday
- Family of drowned EMU student seeks answers 1 year later
- West Bloomfield board wants governor to remove treasurer
- Wayne County deputy hurt in accident
- Prosecutor accuses judge of issuing illegal sentences
- Comerica Park transformed into hockey rink
- Michigan bill designed to protect late-night clerks