In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Officials: 1 dead, 3 wounded in university shooting in Arizona
- Michigan bill pushes to ban local dog breed rules
- UAW council to meet on tentative agreement
- DIA providing free transport for 'County Days'
- Man arrested for trying to force young girls to be sex slaves
- DNA test busts man who bit officer 2 years ago
- Man charged with murder, sexual assault back in court Friday
- Police seek public's help identifying unconscious woman
- Pilot injured in Kimball Township plane crash
- Special Good Health report: How to treat a gunshot wound