In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Man found shot to death inside car in Westland
- Man attacks teenage girl, cuts her ponytail off
- Intruder shot by Detroit homeowner after breaking into house
- Sterling Heights man killed in 2 car accident
- Several iPhones stolen from Ann Arbor Sprint Store
- How do police decide to issue an AMBER Alert?
- Flint tests new grocery store bus route
- Police need help finding missing boy
- 'Sleepy' SMART driver in court Monday
- DPS education report expected Monday