In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Cops: Pedestrian struck, killed by vehicle
- Howe's family reports rapid improvement
- Police recover coyote in Grosse Pointe
- Man sought in girl's sexual assault
- Great Lakes wolves return to endangered list
- Payment system problems forces DWSD to suspend shutoffs
- Police arrest man for breaking into cars
- Detroit water shutoffs suspended
- Could we get a White Christmas?
- Jane Bashara's friend reacts to verdict