In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Insurance battle: Should scooters be insured?
- What's taking so long to get power restored?
- DTE Energy: 83K still without power
- Jury acquits man in EMU player death
- April Milsap homicide investigation timeline
- Timeline of Charlie Bothuell case
- Friend says McBride slurred during call
- Hail storm hammers home in Highland
- Police seek help with teen slaying case
- Ex-cop suspected of drug trafficking