In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Forecast: The 'calm before the warm'
- Police: Judge protected family before being shot outside home
- FBI offers $25K reward for Judge Berg's attackers
- Teacher sickened by student's pot cookie
- Police: Schizophrenic woman missing in Detroit
- Single-game Tigers tickets on sale Saturday
- $2.5K reward offered for missing Detroit woman
- Suit claims abuse, neglect at Genesee County Animal Control
- Indigency hearing for parents of Charlie Bothuell turns tense
- Federal judge shot in Detroit hospitalized