In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Bike thefts on the rise in the Grosse Pointes
- Forecast: Oppressive night ahead
- State police seek man selling stolen SUVs with fake titles
- Plan of adjustment approved; what's next?
- Jury seated for deadly porch shooting trial
- Police shoot man who stabbed boyfriend outside precinct
- House destroyed by fire in Royal Oak
- Chrysler recalls Jeeps for ignition switches
- Video: Gunman robs Fraser Walgreens
- NB Lodge Freeway reopens at Linwood after crash