(CNN) -- An American cybersecurity firm has linked one of the world's most prolific groups of computer hackers to the Chinese government, saying in a new report that an extensive cyber-espionage campaign is being waged from a location near Shanghai. The security firm, Mandiant, detailed the allegations in a 60-page report published Tuesday that describes the group's tactics and history over a six-year period. Mandiant said it has observed the group of hackers -- called the "comment crew" -- systematically steal hundreds of terabytes of data from at least 141 organizations across 20 industries around the world since 2006. Mandiant claims the activity can be traced to four networks near Shanghai -- with some operations taking place in a location that is also the headquarters of Unit 61398 -- a secret division of China's military.
- DIA leaders on discussions with federal mediators
- Motown transforms into Meridian Winter Blast
- Viral dance-off at Palace earns Today Show award
- 'Tracing Skylines' turns Detroit into urban ski slopes
- Mandela ceremony interpreter called a 'fake'
- New $25,000 reward offered in Heidelberg Project arson
- Police: Slain player targeted because of clothes
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400M
- Over-the-top H20 bills lead to Shelby Twp. town hall
- Suspect in Birmingham Seaholm carjacking in court