MONROE COUNTY, Mich. - The Monroe County Sheriff's Office has a 16-year-old in custody who is accused of making threats at a Whiteford school on Friday.
The teen is a former student from the Whiteford Middle/High School on Consear Road in Ottawa Lake.
Police say the student threatened to blow up the school building. The investigation revealed that the former student did not have the means to carry out the threat.
The teen was taken into custody and will be arraigned later today.
School officials say they took all necessary precautionary measures until the suspect was in custody.
In a letter to parents, Principal Brian Kaplan said a hand-written threat was found on a bathroom wall.
- Troy High School student tests positive for tuberculosis
- Michigan appeals court OKs meningitis grand jury
- Clifford Smart Middle School dismisses class due to threat
- Boyfriend charged in Flint woman's death
- Woman shot to death at Corktown Inn
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.