TROY, Mich. - Troy police said a 28-year-old man was arrested Sunday morning for being passed out in his running car and having a loaded stolen handgun.
Police said officers found the Royal Oak man behind the wheel of a car just before 3 a.m. in the intersection of John R and Maple roads.
He was stopped, but his car was in "drive."
Police said a loaded handgun that had been reported stolen was found in his front seat. The suspect doesn't have a concealed weapons permit.
He was arrested on charges of operating while intoxicated, possession of stolen property and a concealed weapon violation.
Police said results of his blood alcohol test are pending.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Picture could help close Farmington's only unsolved murder
- 2 men arrested in Pontiac road rage beating
- Carbon monoxide poisoning reported at Troy business
- 1 year of prison for man who pointed laser at helicopter
- "Christmas In January" food drive for Gleaners
- Sketch released in Farmington Hills, Northville attacks
- Oakland County schools step up security, training
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.