The murder trial of Tucker Cipriano and his alleged accomplice Mitchell Young is scheduled to begin Monday. Cipriano is accused of using a baseball bat to beat his family members on April 16, 2012, in their home. He and Young are facing first-degree murder charges.
Cipriano allegedly beat his father, Bob, to death during the attack. His mother, Rose, and 17-year-old brother, Sal, were seriously hurt. Sal's twin, Tanner, and the family's 8-year-old daughter escaped the attack.
On Thursday, a judge decided to allow a handful of crime scene and autopsy photos to be shown during the trial.
Assistant Oakland County Prosecutor John Skrynski argued autopsy photos needed to be shown so the jury could accurately see the injuries the victims suffered, because by then, the victims had been cleaned of any blood or anything else that would have covered anything up. Skrynski also said the medial examiner would need the photos to visually clarify what he was talking about when he testified.
The family had asked Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper to consider a plea deal so the horrific details of the crime wouldn’t have to be relived in court.
But Cooper said she will not be accepting any type of deal in the case.
- Prosecutor: Tucker Cipriano, Young will get no plea deal
- June trial date scheduled for suspects in Cipriano beatings
- Cipriano beating victim now battles meningitis
- Cipriano says he took several drugs before, after beatings
- Catholic Central students mourn death of classmate
- Cipriano beating suspect's story to police will be used
- Baseball bat beatings suspect to ask for separate trial
- Sal Cipriano has 'most inspiring' will to recover