The University of Michigan police department is warning students to keep an eye out for a man who is being described as a peeping Tom.
Police said in two separate incidents students have reported seeing an unknown male outside their apartment taking photos or video through the window.
The suspect is described as a mal 5'9', thin build, wearing dark clothing and black shoes with a hood (from sweatshirt or coat) pulled up over his head.
If you have any information please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.