WALLED LAKE, Mich. - Carelessly smoking may be to blame for a 60-year-old Walled Lake woman being severely burned Monday morning in her home.
The incident happened just before 5 a.m. in the Walled Lake Villa apartments.
Fire officials said the woman's husband was already helping to put out the flames when a rescue crew arrived. She was taken to Providence Hospital in Novi, with Survival Flight on standby to take her to University of Michigan Hospital.
She suffered second-and-third-degree burns to more than 80 percent of her body.
The fire is believed to be accidental.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Semi overturns on I-696 in Madison Heights
- Police: Missing woman found dead, boyfriend arrested
- Man dies after car hits garbage truck head-on
- Suspect wanted for several Oakland County bank robberies
- Michigan's first Cheesecake Factory to open in Novi
- 2008 Novi murders suspect arrested
- Stranger approaches 9-year-old at bus stop
- Parolee arrested in Ferndale after chase
- Last suspect in Waterford rink shooting sent to prison
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.