FOREST TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A Genesee County woman was charged Wednesday with the murder of her husband.
Diane Dawn Arellano, 54, was charged with open murder, felony firearm, and domestic violence for the shooting death of her husband.
The shooting happened March 1, at the couple's home in Forest Township.
Police say, Diane Arellano's son came home from work and found his step-dad laying face down in the basement with two gunshot wounds.
He called 911. Police and paramedics arrived on scene, but 65-year-old Michael Anthony Arellano was later pronounced dead.
Arellano, is scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon and remains lodged in the Genesee County jail.
- Fashion show benefiting Wigs 4 Kids is Wednesday
- Postal worker charged with mail theft
- 1 hurt in Roseville chemical fire
- L'Anse Creuse security scare: False alarm
- Mount Clemens man charged with having pot
- Job opportunities available at ALDI
- Need a job? Click here
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.