DETROIT - Michigan State Police said a person died early Wednesday morning in a crash on the Southfield Freeway.
Police said the crash happened just before 4 a.m. in the northbound lanes between McNichols and Seven Mile roads.
A 1993 Saturn lost control and hit a guardrail. A 2000 Ford Windstar ended up hitting the Saturn, killing its 35-year-old driver.
The victim's name has not yet been released.
Police said alcohol may have been a factor in the crash and the victim was not wearing a seatbelt.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Judge to decide if mom charged with murder can see kids
- Homeowners facing foreclosure get help
- Michigan withdraws offer to lease Belle Isle from Detroit
- Canton barn fire closes Michigan Ave.
- Detroit boy dies in west side house fire