The Flyers on Thursday placed Michael Leighton and Tom Sestito on waivers. In the case of Sestito, the move makes plenty of sense. He has been a healthy scratch for the Flyers since Feb. 11. On a conditioning assignment with the Phantoms, Sestito did suffer a charley horse about a week ago, but has since mostly healed. Playing time in the AHL (if he isn't claimed) will benefit him more than practicing with the Flyers and sitting in the press box during games. Leighton's situation is a bit more interesting. The goaltender signed by the Flyers over the summer to back up Ilya Bryzgalov injured a finger in practice Feb. 8, and has been on the IR since. Leighton played in just one game this season, a 5-1 loss to the Lightning in Tampa.
- Bruins beat Blackhawks 2-0, lead finals 2-1
- Scherzer now 10-0, Tigers win 5-1
- Vincent Goodwill talks Pistons' hiring of Mo Cheeks
- Parker, Goodwill talk Tigers, Lions, Pistons on SFE
- Tigers put RHP Anibal Sanchez, C Alex Avila on DL
- MIS honored as "Track of the Year"
- Preview: Scherzer, Tigers host Orioles
- Barney apologizes for comments in Michigan
- Rose breaks 43-year England drought, wins US Open
- Fister, Hunter lead Tigers over Twins 5-2