Iowa 68, Indiana State 52: Roy Devyn Marble scored 24 points and the host Hawkeyes outscored the Sycamores 37-22 after halftime to win their NIT opener.Iowa (22-12) led 31-30 at the break before opening the second half on a 19-4 run to build a 50-34 advantage. Aaron White added 11 points and 13 rebounds for the third-seeded Hawkeyes, who face Stony Brook in the second round.Justin Gant led sixth-seeded Indiana State (18-15) with 16 points. Leading scorer Jake Odum finished with five points.The Hawkeyes trailed 26-18 on Odum's 3-pointer with 5:12 left in the first half before Iowa outscored Indiana State 13-4 to close the period. Zach McCabe scored eight points during the decisive second-half run, including consecutive 3-pointers, and Josh Oglesby made a 3-pointer with 10:34 remaining gave Iowa a 16-point advantage.The Hawkeyes, who came into the matchup ranked 10th nationally in rebounding, outrebounded the Sycamores 42-27 and held Indiana State to 4-of-17 shooting from 3-point range.GAME NOTEBOOK: Marble scored 20 points or more for the eighth time. He added six assists, five rebounds and four steals. … The Sycamores lost seven of their final nine games. … Iowa has won its past eight games at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- Wings beat Blackhawks 2-0 in Game 4, take 3-1 series lead
- Wings, Tigers both play tonight: Who are you watching?
- Stafford returns to school
- Preview: Wings, Blackhawks in Game 4
- Preview: Tigers host Minnesota Twins
- Tigers, AAA Michigan promote teen driving safety
- Cabrera, Tigers down Indians 11-7
- Tigers topple Indians 5-1
- Red Wings rolling against Blackhawks with Howard
- Red Wings beat Blackhawks 3-1 in Game 3, lead series 2-1