Iowa 68, Indiana State 52: Roy Devyn Marble scored 24 points and the host Hawkeyes outscored the Sycamores 37-22 after halftime to win their NIT opener.Iowa (22-12) led 31-30 at the break before opening the second half on a 19-4 run to build a 50-34 advantage. Aaron White added 11 points and 13 rebounds for the third-seeded Hawkeyes, who face Stony Brook in the second round.Justin Gant led sixth-seeded Indiana State (18-15) with 16 points. Leading scorer Jake Odum finished with five points.The Hawkeyes trailed 26-18 on Odum's 3-pointer with 5:12 left in the first half before Iowa outscored Indiana State 13-4 to close the period. Zach McCabe scored eight points during the decisive second-half run, including consecutive 3-pointers, and Josh Oglesby made a 3-pointer with 10:34 remaining gave Iowa a 16-point advantage.The Hawkeyes, who came into the matchup ranked 10th nationally in rebounding, outrebounded the Sycamores 42-27 and held Indiana State to 4-of-17 shooting from 3-point range.GAME NOTEBOOK: Marble scored 20 points or more for the eighth time. He added six assists, five rebounds and four steals. … The Sycamores lost seven of their final nine games. … Iowa has won its past eight games at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- Orioles beat Verlander, Tigers 5-2
- Tigers team up for 2nd annual Pink Out the Park
- Preview: Verlander, Tigers face Orioles
- MIS honored as "Track of the Year"
- Red Wings, Pavel Datsyuk agree to 3-year deal
- Scherzer now 10-0, Tigers win 5-1
- Bruins beat Blackhawks 2-0, lead finals 2-1
- Vincent Goodwill talks Pistons' hiring of Mo Cheeks
- Parker, Goodwill talk Tigers, Lions, Pistons on SFE
- Tigers put RHP Anibal Sanchez, C Alex Avila on DL