Personal profile of Lisa 'Longball" Vloos
Lisa resides in her birthplace, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Before finding her passion for golf Lisa competed on the Canadian National Trampoline and Tumbling Team, was an internationally certified Tumbling Judge and was a varsity Track and Field athlete for the University of Calgary.
Lisa is currently ranked second in the World in Ladies Long Drive. She has won seven consecutive National Long Drive Championship titles and is an LDA Tour Champion and is a Nike sponsored athlete.
Lisa currently holds the Canadian Women’s Long Drive record at 350 yards 2 feet 2 inches. Also having a passion for the game, Lisa competes on the Canadian Women’s Tour and is working towards a goal qualifying for the LPGA Canadian Women’s Open.
In addition to her competitive career, Lisa is a golf journalist for several publications and uses her background as a school teacher to be a successful motivational speaker and golf entertainer for many corporate/charity golf tournaments.
• Seven Time Canadian Long Drive Champion
• Eleven Time World Long Drive Finalist
• Currently Ranked #2 in the World
• Top Finish at World Championships – 2nd Place (2011 & 2009)
• First Pregnant Athlete to Compete at World Championships (2006)
• 3 Time Team Canada Captain at the North American Cup (2004-2002)
• LDA Tour Champion (2004)
• Runner-Up for Player of the Year (2004 LDA Tour)
• First Woman to ever hit it over 350 yards (3 ½ NFL Football fields) in competition
• Longest Drive in Competition 350 yards 2 feet 2 inches
• RCGA Canadian Women’s Tour Player