DETROIT - The One Club, sponsors of the prestigious One Show awards, which recognize creative excellence in advertising, today announced the top 10 automobile commercials from the past 25 years at the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
Held in the new Cobo Atrium, the special presentation showcased and awarded the 10 best auto commercials, selected from over 60 award-winning entries and juried by a panel of over 70 top advertising creatives and journalists.
"Historically, some of the best work in advertising has been created for automotive clients," said Yash Egami, Editor-in-Chief at The One Club. "The storytelling and production values of these 10 commercials shows creativity at its finest. We're honored to be a part of the Detroit Auto Show where we can showcase some of the most memorable ads from the past 25 years."
Among the elite list of judges are: Jeff Goodby, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners; Mark Tutssel, Leo Burnett Worldwide; Cliff Freeman, Cliff Freeman & Partners; Andy Azula, The Martin Agency; Bob Barrie, Barrie D'Rozario Murphy; Andy Fackrell, DDB New Zealand; Jean Jennings, Automobile Magazine; and advertising legend George Lois.
The top 10 winners hail from a diverse group of innovative and popular ads such as: Wieden+Kennedy's "Born of Fire" for Chrysler featuring rap artist Eminem, Deutsch's Super Bowl favorite "The Force" for Volkswagen, the groundbreaking "BMW Films" from Fallon.
Additionally, The One Club presented the public choice winner from Saatchi and Saatchi Los Angeles and Toyota for their 2012 "Camry Reinvented" commercial. The public choice was voted on by over 7,000 viewers on The One Club website.
The Top Ten Winners are as follows:
- "Grrr" - Wieden+Kennedy/London and Honda - 2004
- "Cog" - Wieden+Kennedy/London and Honda - 2003
- "The Force" - Deutsch/Los Angeles and Volkswagen - 2011
- "The Hire" - Fallon/Minneapolis and BMW - 2001
- "Sheet Metal" - Goodby, Silverstein & Partners/San Francisco and Saturn - 2002
- "Born of Fire" - Wieden+Kennedy/Portland and Chrysler - 2011
- "Toys" - TBWA\Chiat\Day/Los Angeles and Nissan - 1997
- "Lamp Post" - BMP DDB/London and Volkswagen - 1998
- "Milky Way" - Arnold Worldwide/Boston and Volkswagen -1999
- "Snow Covered" - Bozell Worldwide/Southfield and Chrysler/Jeep - 1994
For more information and to view the commercials, click here.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.