DETROIT - Michigan Department of Transportation says crews will start preliminary work this week to replace the West Grand Boulevard overpass above I-94 in Detroit.
This $9.5 million investment includes replacing the existing overpasses with two separate structures, and removing the eastbound I-94 left lane exit to West Grand Boulevard.
MDOT hopes the changes will improve safety and mobility.
Crews will close one lane of West Grand Boulevard in each direction above I-94, along with the westbound I-94 exit to West Grand Boulevard.
In addition, the northbound West Grand Boulevard entrance to eastbound I-94, and the southbound West Grand Boulevard entrance to westbound I-94 will also be closed.
A detour will be posted.
Construction of the area is expected to last until November.
More headlines in Wayne County:
- 3 children, 1 Detroit firefighter hurt in house fire
- Man could spend 100 years in prison for Detroit murder
- Man dies in crash on Canton Center Road
- Redford charges man after attempt to lure 6-year-old
- One injured in overnight shooting
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.