WDIV-TV Local 4 scored first place finishes in key newscasts, afternoons, access and late night programming.
Further, NBC/WDIV Olympic coverage was No. 1, dominating prime programming.
WDIV-TV Local 4’s first place newscast finishes include:
- Local 4 News First at 4 p.m. is #1 in the time period with a 7.5 household rating/17 share. Local 4 beats both Dr. Oz (WXYZ 4 p.m.) (3.4 RTG/8 SHR) and Judge Judy (4 p.m. WJBK) (4.3 RTG/10 SHR). Additionally, Local 4’s 4 p.m. news wins in every key demographic. Even without airing for nine days during the Olympics, Local 4 News First at 4 remains #1 by a strong margin. In fact, Local 4 News First at 4 experienced ratings increases in the key demographics as compared to last February. WDIV grew 10% in Adults 25-54 and 34% in Women 25-54 ratings.
- Local 4 News at 5 p.m. is #1 in the time period with a 7.9 household rating/15 share, beating both WXYZ (6.3 HH RTG/12 SHR) and WJBK (6.2 HH RTG/12 SHR). Also, #1 in the key demographics. WDIV experienced ratings growth over last year by 16% in Adults 25-54 and significantly grew Women 25-54 by 27%. Conversely, the competition experienced year-to-year ratings declines. WXYZ was down dramatically by 20% in Adults 25-54 and 26% in Women 25-54. WJBK was down in the ratings, 2% in Adults 25-54 and 5% in Women 25-54.
- Local 4 News at 6 p.m. is #1 in household ratings, garnering a 9.2 household rating/17 share compared to WXYZ (7.4 RTG/14 SHR) and WJBK (5.6 RTG/10 SHR).
- Additionally, Local 4’s 6 p.m. news won in every key demographic and is Detroit’s undisputed #1 newscast across the board, posting tremendous ratings growth year-to-year (+18% in Adults 25-54 and +28% in Women 25-54).
- Local 4 News at 11 p.m. is #1 Mon-Sun with a 9.8 household rating/18 share (compared to WXYZ 7.9 RTG/15 SHR, WJBK 10pm 8.4 RTG/13 SHR and WJBK 11pm (M-F) 5.6 RTG/11 SHR).
- Local 4 News Today (M-F 6-7a.m.), anchored by Rhonda Walker, Evrod Cassimy, Brandon Roux and Ashlee Baracy grew significantly year-to-year, up 86% in Adults 25-54 rating and 80% in Women 25-54. WDIV delivered a 3.8/19 rating in the coveted Women 25-54 demographic, finishing second in the key demographics and beating WXYZ.
In other dayparts, WDIV’s The Ellen DeGeneres Show is the #1 program in the M-F 3-4 p.m. time period and doubles Katie Couric’s delivery (households). Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy are #1 in the all-important access time period of 7-8 p.m. averaging an 8.6 household rating/14 share.
The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon premiered during the Olympics on Feb. 17 at midnight. His debut garnered a 9.3 HH RTG/25 HH SHR. Since moving to his permanent 11:35 p.m. time period post-Olympics, he is a strong #1 across all demographics. An 86% increase in Adult 25-54 ratings as compared to January 2014 with Leno still at the helm.
NBC’s primetime lineup was dominated by the 2014 Winter Olympics which began with a sneak peek on Thursday, Feb. 6 and won for 18 consecutive nights of prime. NBC’s coverage averaged an 11.9 HH RTG/19 HH SHR. On the heels of the Olympics, The Voice premiered Monday night at #1 with a 9.6 HH RTG/14 HH SHR. In addition to The Voice, NBC is anchored by Blacklist, Chicago Fire, Law & Order SVU,Parenthood and comedies Parks and Rec, Community, About a Boy and more.
And speaking of scoring major February sweeps wins, WDIV’s website, ClickOnDetroit.com, is Detroit’s #1 news/information website according to ComScore’s recently released October 2013 data.