The National Weather Service has issued several wind chill warnings for SE Michigan.
- Wind chills will drop to between 20 and 30 below zero Monday afternoon and then bottom out near 35 below zero Monday night and into Tuesday morning.
- Exposure to such bitterly cold conditions will cause frost bite in a short period of time.
- Blowing snow will hamper travel in some instances
- A wind chill warning means the combination of very cold air
- and strong winds will create dangerously low wind chill values.
This will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia or death if precautions are not taken.