ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 26, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
The union workers have been striking for well more than a week now. Negotiations have ramped up, but it's still unclear when this strike could end. We are following updates today after a UAW said yesterday that "all unsettled proposals are now at the Main Table."
The Local 4 Defenders have been following this story closely, especially after Christy Ann Thompson Harris' family filed a wrongful death lawsuit. The petition filed this week provides a chilling admission from Jason Harris' sister stating when she talked to Jason he said he would have Christy murdered, and then outlined a plan.
Skies today will go from mostly cloudy to mostly sunny through the late morning and early afternoon, but the temps will not warm a tremendous amount today even with the sunshine beaming back.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Help Me Hank investigates concerns about health of dogs purchased at Novi Petland
- Hamtramck school employee accused of forcing student with special needs to perform sex act
- WATCH: Detroit Youth Choir performs inside Michigan Central Station, gets surprise from Ford Fund
- Warren police, DEA raid 10 homes
- Roseville police warn of possible charity scam
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Michigan Legislature OKs budget bills that Whitmer deems 'a mess'
- Wolf pup dies of mosquito-borne illness EEE at Michigan zoo
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- Romney out front of GOP with criticisms of Trump's Ukraine call
- 5-year-old barely escapes as coyote chases her in her front yard
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Calendar
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
- One recent college football turnaround story offers some hope for Michigan
- Detroit Lions analysis: Hockenson reminded he's a rookie
- NHL teams aim to fill arenas, drawing fans away from screens
- It's official: Claude Lemieux is most despised athlete in Detroit
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.