Road closures during University of Michigan's student move-in days
Several areas will be affected Wednesday through Friday
ANN ARBOR – University of Michigan's student move-in begins early Wednesday morning, and with it will come expected changes on the roads.
From 6 a.m. Wednesday through 11 p.m. Friday, the City of Ann Arbor announced the following road closures, parking and traffic changes will be in effect:
- Thompson: One-way southbound from Jefferson to Packard (meters bagged)
- Madison: Closed from Division to Thompson - one way eastbound from Thompson to South State (meters bagged)
- Observatory: One-way southbound from East Ann to Geddes (meters bagged)
- East Washington: One-way westbound from Fletcher to Thayer (meters bagged)
- Maynard: From Jefferson to East William (meters bagged)
- East University between Hill and Willard (meters bagged)
- Church Street between Hill and Willard (meters bagged)
- North University Court (meters bagged)
- Oxford: Parking reserved for move-in from Hill to Geddes
- Washington Heights: Closed from Observatory to E. Medical Center Drive (meters bagged)
- East Ann: One-way eastbound from Zina Pitcher Place to Observatory (meters bagged)
On all three move-in days, several streets in the immediate proximity of residence halls will see a change in traffic flow from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The following university lots and structures will be reserved for student move-in parking only:
- Lot M-28 (on Washington Heights)
- Lot M-95 (just east of Markley Hall, west half of lot reserved for move-in)
- Lot E-1 (on North University Court across from Stockwell Hall)
- Palmer Parking Structure (N-26)
- W16 ("Triangle") Lot: Thompson at Madison and Packard streets will be controlled for move-in.
- Lot NC32 (Baits Drive south of Baits 2): 20 spaces reserved for move-in use.
University police and uniformed housing security officers will be stationed in residence hall areas to aid in controlling traffic flow.
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.