This week we asked parents about the "mental load" of running a family, and nearly everyone had thoughts. So many thoughts, in fact, it got us working on a project listening to people's struggles and searching for ways to reduce the stress of running a family. We'd love your help.
Below is a survey of questions about mental load based on research and conversations with parents. Share your thoughts, and we'll use your insights to guide our reporting. Our hope is to gain a deep understanding of the issue and build resources for anyone (and we suspect there's many people) feeling the weight of mental load.
Questions about the survey? Contact us at: email@example.com
Looking for more on this topic? Here are stories that explain and offer help for mental load:
- This comic perfectly explains the mental load working mothers bear Working Mothers
- Exactly how I reduced the mental load Simple Families
- Are you struggling with mental load? Here are 8 ways to tell The Telegraph
- Is an uneven 'mental load' creating tension in your house? Here are 4 ways to address it WashPost
- Women are overburdened with their families' mental load Slate
All About Ann Arbor is powered by ClickOnDetroit/WDIV.