Holiday events coming to Ann Arbor Farmers Market this season
ANN ARBOR – The Ann Arbor Farmers Market is a destination for festive holiday events.
This season, shop at the market for Thanksgiving Day produce, gifts, table centerpieces, fresh baked goods and more.
Here is the market’s 2019 holiday schedule:
Wednesday, Nov. 27: “Day Before Thanksgiving” Wednesday Market
“Let Ann Arbor Farmers Market help you make it a local Thanksgiving.” - Ann Arbor Farmers Market
The market is open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and all are invited to stop by for your last minute holiday needs. It’s one of the biggest market days of the year, and shoppers can expect:
- Fresh turkeys
- Orchard fruits
- Fresh cut flowers
- Table centerpieces
- Fresh baked breads and pies
- Unique artisan gifts and more
Friday, Dec. 6: KindleFest
The fun returns to Ann Arbor Farmers Market on Dec. 6 from 4 to 10 p.m. This annual holiday event draws thousands of festivalgoers as the market transforms into a German-inspired outdoor Christkindlmarkt.
The KindleFest Market features:
- Holiday wares by artisans and retailers
- Traditional food like pretzels, bratwursts and roasted nuts
- Mulled wine (Glühwein) and beer
- Fire pits for s’more roasting
- Caroling and strolling musicians
The family-friendly event includes a Kid Zone from 4 to 6 p.m. with kids activities and an appearance by Santa at 6 p.m. Kerrytown District shops will be open late and will be offering holiday discounts.
And there’s more. This year, the festival will be expanding down 4th Ave. with food trucks and a special Winter Beer Festival.
Midnight Madness and Moonlight Madness in downtown Ann Arbor will be running the same night, so be sure to check out the fun around town.
Saturday, Dec. 14: A Holiday Farmers Market
This special holiday market is marked by a fun and festive atmosphere. Find unique handmade gifts sold by artisans, truckloads of produce, handmade pies, farm raised meats and eggs and more.
Attendees will enjoy free hot chocolate, kids activities, a bonfire and more from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Other upcoming events:
- Wednesday, Dec. 18: Last Wednesday Market of the year Wednesday Markets will return in May 2020.
- Saturday, Dec, 21: Saturday Market before Christmas
- Saturday, Jan. 4: Saturday Market winter hours begin from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information and updates, visit www.a2gov.org/market.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.