Busch’s running holiday food, fund drive for Food Gatherers through Nov. 27
ANN ARBOR – Busch’s Fresh Food Market has kicked off its annual Season of Sharing holiday fundraiser that ends the day before Thanksgiving.
All donations collected at locations in Washtenaw County will benefit Food Gatherers. One in seven residents in the county won’t have enough to eat this holiday season.
“Food Gatherers has been fighting hunger where we live for more than thirty years, and Busch’s is a great supporter of our work,” Food Gatherers President and CEO Eileen Spring said in a statement. “Hungry people in our community have to choose between buying food and paying for their utilities, medicine and transportation. Your support helps your neighbors overcome these obstacles.”
How to donate
There are several ways to donate, according to Busch’s:
- Drop off non-perishable food in the Food Drive Bin at your local Busch’s.
- Purchase a pre-made Ready-To-Go Bag for $10 and drop it in the Food Drive Bin.
- Purchase a gift tag for a $10 meat donation, a $5 produce donation, or a cash donation for any amount you wish.
- Donate your bottle return slips
- Start a collection within your organization and bring all nonperishable food to your nearby Busch’s by Nov. 27.
✉ Like what you’re reading? Sign up for our email newsletter here!
Busch’s four Washtenaw County locations are located at:
Ann Arbor: 2240 S. Main St.
Ann Arbor: 2020 Green Road
Dexter: 7080 Dexter-Ann Arbor Road
Saline: 565 E. Michigan Ave.
About Food Gatherers
Food Gatherers’ mission is to alleviate hunger in Washtenaw County. As the food bank and food rescue program for the county, we distribute more than 6.6 million pounds of food to 170 non-profit programs serving approximately 44,500 low-income adults, seniors and children every year. For a list of our partner programs or to learn how you can become involved in the fight against hunger locally, please visit www.foodgatherers.org or call 734-761-2796.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.