ANN ARBOR - It's the biggest picnic of the year and on June 9 Food Gatherers' Grillin community fundraiser is returning to the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds to celebrate 30 years.
From 3 to 8 p.m., rain or shine, expect delicious food donated by local businesses, live music and family-friendly activities. Every day, Food Gatherers delivers 14,500 meals to food insecure people of all ages in Washtenaw County. Grillin' is one of the food rescue program's biggest annual fundraisers.
What to expect
- Paella by SavCo Hospitality
- Kraut station from The Brinery
- Vegan sausages from Fresh Thyme
- White bean salad from Casey's Tavern
- Beer from Salt Springs Brewery
- Gourmet pizza from Silvio's Organic Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Blueberry buckle from Zingerman's Bakehouse and more
Live music performances:
- George Bedard and the Kingpins
- Amy Petty
- Abigail Stauffer
- Kids' activities by the Hands-On Museum
- Complimentary massages by Body Wisdom Massage
- Photo booth and more
Throughout the event, guests will be able to bid on silent auction and raffle items, which include a 13-week CSA farm share from Tantré Farm and tickets to see the Tigers play the White Sox.
All proceeds from Grillin' will go to Food Gatherers and its efforts to alleviate hunger in Washtenaw County, where one in seven residents is hungry.
- Adult: $75 in advance, $85 at the door
- Children: $10 (kids under 3 are free)
Each adult ticket purchased provides 150 meals. Buy tickets online here or call 734-761-2796.
About Food Gatherers
Food Gatherers’ mission is to alleviate hunger in Washtenaw County. As the food bank and food rescue program for the county, we distribute more than 6.3 million pounds of food to 170 nonprofit programs serving approximately 44,500 low-income adults, seniors and children every year. For a list of our partner programs or to learn how you can become involved in the fight against hunger locally, please visit www.foodgatherers.org or call (734) 761-2796.
All About Ann Arbor is powered by ClickOnDetroit/WDIV.