ANN ARBOR - What better way to spend Sunday of Memorial Day weekend than enjoying the great outdoors? Add some food trucks, kids activities, live music and gorgeous flower and plant displays and you have Flower Day.
On May 27 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. the Ann Arbor Farmers Market will be featuring growers with a variety of flowers, bulbs, plants, seeds and seedlings to liven up your counters or kick-start your summer garden.
The market is teaming up with the Sunday Artisan Market for Flower Day to make it a family-friendly destination full of fun activities, including:
- Live music
- Food trucks
- Gardening how-to advice from Master Gardeners
- Backyard beekeeping tips
- Kids activities with Triangle Cooperative Preschool
Check the event's Facebook page for more information.
Diners enjoying street food and live music at Ann Arbor Farmers Market on Aug. 2, 2017 (Photo: Meredith Bruckner)
If that weren't enough, Kerrytown businesses will be hosting flower-themed activities throughout the day, so wander through Kerrytown Shops and around the district to discover all the fun that's in store -- see what we did there?
- Garden Party at FOUND Gallery
- Bee and Flower crafts at Kerrytown Market & Shops, upper level
- Discounts on floral decorative papers at Hollander's
- 20% off garden art at 16 Hands
- Edible floral special at The Lunch Room
- Garden-themed fun at Thistle & Bess
- Summer recipes at Fustini's Oils & Vinegars
- Free bag Summer Bouquet Tea at Spice and Tea Merchants of Ann Arbor
- Handblown flower window display at Glass Academy
- Specials on floral body care products at Jessica's Skin & Body Apothecary
For more information, visit the Kerrytown District Association's Facebook page.
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.