All roads lead to Detroit for 2016 NAIAS
DETROIT – It’s the time of year when the automotive universe turns its attention to the heart of the industry, as all roads lead to Detroit in January.
The North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) encourages its global journalist audience to begin preparations to attend Press Preview, Jan. 11-12, 2016, at the completely transformed Cobo Center. Widely considered one of the most important automotive events on the planet, NAIAS is consistently the strategic choice of global automakers to launch their new products and automotive technology, and the 2016 show is no exception.
“The industry is truly firing on all cylinders, and that will be reflected at this year’s show,” said Paul Sabatini, 2016 NAIAS Chairman. “Attendees to the 2016 NAIAS will see the most global reveals of any auto show in North America, and will experience them amidst automaker exhibits that are either completely new or significantly enhanced for the upcoming show.”
2016 NAIAS highlights include:
- A strategic industry platform with every key player – and thinker – in the global automotive arena gathering at Detroit’s Cobo Center.
- The Drive Home, a 2,400 mile cross-country journey that will feature three classic cars (1966 Ford Mustang, 1961 Chrysler 300G and a 1957 Chevrolet Nomad) departing from LeMay – America’s Car Museum on Dec. 27 and arriving in Detroit on Jan. 8 to a celebration to kick off the 2016 NAIAS. Automotive enthusiast rallies will be held along preplanned stops along the way.
- The Gallery on January 9, an ultra-luxury evening featuring over $7 million worth of exotic and ultra-luxury vehicles will be on display at the MGM Grand Detroit, with attendees enjoying dinner by world-renowned Chef Wolfgang Puck. Media will have special access to The Gallery, on Sunday, Jan. 10 from 9 – 11 a.m.
- 40+ worldwide and North American vehicle reveals during Press Preview.
- Industry Preview, a two-day meet-up and exhibition that brings together 35,000 automotive analysts, designers and engineers, representing over 2,000 companies from around the world. This unique networking and professional development opportunity brings together the key individuals responsible for the leading-edge products, technologies and services on display at NAIAS.
- Charity Preview, a historic night of giving. 2015 NAIAS hit the cumulative $100 million mark (funds raised for children’s charities since the annual black tie event was established in 1976 by the Detroit Auto Dealers Association). Every year the auto industry demonstrates its generosity by supporting the largest single-night fundraiser in the nation, now supported by Axalta Coating Systems as the Charity Preview Presenting Sponsor.
- Opening its doors to a hometown crowd beginning Jan. 16, the NAIAS expects to entertain and amaze approximately 800,000 guests from around the region.