FDA pet food recalls so far in 2014
News that some imported dog treats have led to the deaths of 1,000 dogs have prompted understandable concerns about pet food safety.
The Food and Drug Administration is maintaining a web page to keep consumers updated on the dog treat issue.
The FDA has also issued six pet food recalls so far in 2014:
- Bravo dog and cat food for listeria and monocytogenes (05/14/2014)
- Purina, Del's, Albers, Home Grown poultry feed for low vitamin and mineral content (04/16/2014)
- Abady cat food for salmonella (04/08/2014)
- HemoSet dual channel infusion set because "over-delivery may occur by gravity infusion" (03/18/2014)
- Hubbard Life, Joy, QC Plus dog and cat food for salmonella (02/05/2014)
- Red Flannel cat food for salmonella (01/25/2014)
More information on the recalls and other pet food safety information can be found at the FDA's animal and veterinary website.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.