The Position & Objective:
This is your chance to be a part of the best Assignment Desk at one of the best local stations in the country. WDIV-TV/Local 4 in Detroit is looking to fill the part-time Assignment Desk Associate position. You will work with a very experienced staff as we are the leader in breaking news and always looking for the best enterprise content.
The best candidate for this position must be able to work through breaking news situations by using assertive people skills and have confidence in the decision-making process. You must be able to use your talents and resources and tools provided to produce stories from start to finish. This includes interaction with our viewers, emergency responders and media relations specialist. You will need to verify the story and make sure we have the most update to date and accurate information. You will be working with producers, reporters and photographers making sure they have all the information needed.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills:
- Must have previous newsroom experience, with Assignment Desk experience preferred.
- Must have self-motivation and able to work independently.
- College degree with emphasis in journalism preferred.
- Must be deadline driven, handle multiple assignments and thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Setup news stores, dispatch crews.
- Assist with planning daily and long-term coverage.
- Monitor websites and social media sources.
- Answer phones, make beat calls, monitor emergency scanners.
To apply, send resume to:
Managing Editor – News, WDIV-TV
As a condition of employment, GMG requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
WDIV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WDIV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.