DETROIT – Local 4 is looking for an Executive Producer for Local 4+ the fastest growing streaming platform in metro Detroit. If you have a passion for storytelling, are driven to succeed and are motivated by the freedom to innovate and create, this is the position for you. The Local 4 newsroom is looking for a news innovator to join our team and help elevate our streaming content as we continue to grow in this arena.
· Develop original content ideas
· Create and produce newscasts and specials that are topical and timely
· Work with daily and special projects managers to maximize story elements
· Write content, make graphics and other visual elements
· Producing breaking news coverage on our streaming channel
· Future planning coverage of upcoming events to determine streaming live coverage and carrying of events
· Book guests for streaming segments
· Write/produce teases to push viewers from TV newscasts to Local 4+ and vice versa
· Manage talent
· Minimum 5 years producing experience
· Strong editorial and journalistic judgement
· Prior newsroom management a plus
College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news or related field is preferred but not required.
How to apply:
send resume to:
Ro Coppola Director of Programming, WDIV-TV email@example.com
550 West Lafayette Blvd. Detroit, Michigan 48226
No phone calls please
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
GMG/WDIV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, GMG/WDIV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.