Local auto dealership holding free bone marrow drive
LaFontaine Automotive holding drive at 5 locations
Local auto dealer LaFontaine Automotive is spreading a message of hope with a free bone marrow drive to help fight cancer.
The drive is set for Thursday, May 10, at five of the company's dealership locations.
It gives visitors the opportunity to join the bone marrow registry.
Free bone marrow kits will be donated by DKMS, a bone marrow donor center. The test uses a simple mouth swab to help find matches for patients in need. There are certain requirements for donors, including being between the age of 18 and 55.
LaFontaine's bone marrow drive correlates with the group's Business 2 Business Expo.
It will run from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 10, at the LaFontaine dealership on W. Highland Road in Highland.
The following are the participating locations for the bone marrow drive:
- LaFontaine Cadillac Buick GMC, 4000 W. Highand Road in Highland, from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- LaFontaine Toyota Scion Kia Suzuki Hyundai, 2027 S. Telegraph Road in Dearborn, from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- LaFontaine Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, 900 W. Michigan in Saline, from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- LaFontaine Chevrolet, 7120 Dexter Ann Arbor Road in Dexter, from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- LaFontaine Buick GMC, 500 Auto Mall Drive in Ann Arbor, from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
For more information about DKMS or donating bone marrow, click here.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.