CANTON, Mich. – As social media continues to evolve at a rapid pace, the need for parents to stay informed about ways their children are communicating online remains a priority.
The Canton Charter Academy located on Ford Road will host a cyber safety program for parents on Tuesday, February 26.
A representative from the Michigan Attorney General's office will speak to parents during the program which starts at 6 p.m.
The one hour session will teach parents tools they can use at home to monitor their child's internet activity and prevent cyber-bullying.
For more information on the event contact Mark Meyer at 517- 487- 9320.
More Education Headlines:
- Students wear KKK costumes to hockey game
- Study: Lead exposure impacts MEAP scores in Detroit
- Detroit Schools celebrate, seek volunteer readers
- Pairing up to take pain out of college search
- Report: Funding schools by need will improve achievement
- Colleges find new way to get grads hired