Memorial Day Weekend grilling advice
For many, Memorial Day weekend means pulling the grill out for the first time this season.
LongHorn Steakhouse is offering a hotline available Friday through Sunday between noon and 5 p.m. where people can talk directly with LongHorn's certified Grill Masters to ask questions or receive advice.
The hotline can be reached by phone at 1-855-LH-GRILL or text LHGRILL to 40679.
These grilling tips can save you from ruining your meat this holiday weekend.
- When selecting a steak, remember three things: cut, marbling and freshness.
- Fresh steaks are always best because it guarantees the meat will be tender and juicy.
- Seasoning helps the true flavor of the meat shine and can add another layer of taste to the meal.
- Don't be shy when seasoning. Season the steak boldly. Sprinkle and rub the seasoning on both sides of the meat, making sure it's coated.
- Fully clean and prep your grill using a wire-bristled brush and light coat of vegetable or olive oil on the grates.
- Heat the surface of the grill so that it's very hot – bring the temperature up to 500 degrees.
- Sear the steak on one side until grill marks appear, then give it a quarter turn while on the same side. Flip and repeat.
Copyright 2015 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.