Holiday diner collectible recalled for fire hazard
Adapter for collectible ceramic can melt, possibly sparking fire
DETROIT – A holiday collectible is being recalled because its adapter can melt, possibly sparking a fire.
Name of Product: Shelly's Diner® Collectible Ceramic
Units: About 1,600
Distributor: Enesco, LLC, of Itasca, Ill.
Hazard: The diner's power adapter can overheat and melt the adapter's plastic housing, posing a fire hazard.
Incidents/Injuries: Enesco has received two reports of power adapters partially melting due to overheating. No injuries or property damage were reported.
Description: The recalled product is part of the Department 56 Original Snow Village collection of lighted buildings and comes with a traditional power cord that lights the interior and a separate power adapter that lights the exterior. The collectible is a ceramic building shaped like a diner and is approximately 10 ¼ inches long by 6 ¼ inches high and 4 ½ inches deep. This recall includes diners with date codes 03 12 JP01 or 05 12 JP01 stamped on the bottom of the diner.
Sold at: Holiday stores and gift shops nationwide and online at amazon.com from July 2012 through September 2012 for about $120.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the diner's power adapter and contact Enesco for a free replacement adapter or a full refund.
Consumer Contact: Enesco, LLC at (800) 436-3726 from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday CT or online at www.department56.com/recall for more information.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.