Kelley Blue Book picks top 10 family cars
Families in the market for new cars often wonder which models will be the best for their needs.
Since each family has different needs, Kelley Blue Book has come up with a top 10 list that has good variety in size, features, and looks.
Kelley says the list is a tool to help families find the ride that works for its needs, with an emphasis on what's new and exciting in the new car market.
10 Best Family Cars of 2013
- 2013 Chevrolet Suburban 1500: Kelley says this is a big car for a family that needs a lot of room and a lot of cargo space. It seats up to nine people. It gets high marks as a full-size SUV.
- 2013 Nissan Altima: Sharp new look, good fuel economy, and seats five.
- 2013 Honda CR-V: This model is called the best compact SUV, with a smooth ride, good value, and seating for five.
- 2013 Ford Fusion: This sedan offers lots of high-tech features, good looks, and two hybrid options.
- 2013 Toyota Avalon: If your family is looking for a sedan, this one has a spacious interior, it's highly reliable, and Kelley calls it a smart buy for a value-conscious family.
- 2013 Honda Odyssey: Kelley likes the second row of seats, which can be moved to suit a family's particular needs, and says smart features are built in throughout this model. Kelley adds, "Honda understands families!"
- 2013 Volkswagen Passat: This is a model for a family that's looking for a lean European look, but still wants a family-size vehicle.
- 2013 Toyota Prius v: If the standard Prius isn't big enough for your growing family, this model has 50% more cargo space. While the extra space does cut the mileage a bit (42 mpg), it's still a leader for fuel economy among family-sized vehicles.
- 2013 Honda Accord: This model has set the standard for the mid-size sedan for years. It's more fuel-efficient and has a side camera that can see things the human eye cannot.
- 2013 Nissan Pathfinder: Kelley really likes the new Pathfinder. It says it offers a more comfortable ride, better fuel efficiency, and a second row build to accommodate child seats.
To read the complete reviews: Kelley Blue Book
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.