If making a lot of money after college graduation is your goal, or your goal for your children, march them toward classes in math and science!
PayScale.com has crunched the numbers and come up with the top ten highest-paying bachelor degrees of 2015-2016.
In a word, the biggest money-making degrees all have one thing in common: engineering. Engineers work in a variety of fields and nine of the top ten degrees are part of that field of study.
Here's the list of the top ten from PayScale.com, including the early career pay in each field:
1) Petroleum Engineering $101,000
2) Nuclear Engineering $68,200
3) Actuarial Mathematics $58,800
4) Chemical Engineering $69,500
5) Electronics & Communications Engineering $65,000
6) Computer Science & Engineering $69,100
7) Electrical & Computer Engineering $67,000
7) Systems Engineering $67,100
9) Aeronautical Engineering $65,100
10) Computer Engineering $68,400
You can read more about the study by following this link.