· Money Smart Week starts this Saturday (the 22nd) and runs thru April 29th
· Over 500 free, non-commercial events – meaning, “no sales pitches”
· There are programs for every age, income, knowledge level, and life stage, across the entire Local 4 viewing area.
Some examples include:
1. Saturday, April 22. Money Smart Week Campaign Kickoff! Run for the Money – family-friendly 5k run/walk and 100-yard dash. 9am. Bloomfield Hills High School. Registration required. Thanks to PNC Bank, the low registration fee includes the Run shirt, timing chip, inflatables for the kids, DJ, refreshments and more.
2. Money Smart Kids Read – More than 200 money-themed story times, crafts and activities at libraries across Michigan. And, participating families receive a free copy of the book, A Dollar For Penny, compliments of Michigan Credit Unions.
3. All 8 Oakland County Michigan Works centers are offering workshops – 30 in all – as are several universities, churches, community organizations and dozens of libraries. Get Tips on: Penny Pinching, Planning for College and Retirement, Credit, Healthcare, Budgeting, Managing Debt, Avoiding Fraud and Scams, Raising Money Smart Kids, and more!
4. Female entrepreneurs, join the Money Smart FemPreneur Summit, April 27! Thanks to Northwestern Mutual and Royal Neighbors Foundation, only $15 for a full day of interactive presentations, a Resource Marketplace, gift bag, materials, networking and lunch. Registration required.
5. And, we’re bringing money smarts to kids with Money Smart Kids Magic Shows, Financial Literacy Rock Concerts, and the Personal Finance Challenge, thanks to Ally Financial, Raymond James, Michigan Credit Union Foundation, and Chemical Bank.
6. Dozens of libraries, community organizations, churches, universities, and government agencies are hosting events for tips on: Raising Money Smart Kids, Planning for College and Retirement, Pinching Pennies, Healthcare, Credit, Budgeting, Managing Debt, Avoiding Fraud and Scams, and more!
Get all the details for these and more than 500 events at www.MoneySmartWeek.org