Here are elder financial abuse danger signs to watch for.
- Has your elder stopped taking your calls?
- Has an elder abandoned existing relationships and found new “friends?"
- Has That new person shown an excessive interest in the elder’s finances or accounts?
- Does the elder display unexplained excitement over a financial windfall or prize check and won’t discuss details?
On the Flip Side:
- Is your elder newly worried about finances and shouldn't be?
- Large withdrawals from checking, savings, retirement and/or brokerage accounts