It’s Cyber Security August and September on Local 4.
These segments offer reminders of the stuff we think we know to protect our identity and our finances!
Cyber threats and security:
- Costs Hundreds of Millions of Dollars Every Year
- Warren Buffett says it is the worst problem Human Kind face -- exceeding Nuclear Weapons.
- Anti-Virus & Firewall
- Malware Scanning
- Physical or Cloud Back-up
- Back Ups should be done regularly -- even daily -- DON’T IGNORE UPDATE PROMPTS.
(Do NOT Keep Physical Drive with Computer)
No. 1 Way to Protect Your Computers:
Stay on top of updates for:
- Anti-Virus Programs
- Wanna Cry 2017: Ransomeware: Prevented by updating Windows -- many ignored the update and paid heavy price.
- State of Michigan has helpful online guide on how to protect yourself.