How to prepare for a cycling race
Before setting out for a cycling race make sure you are prepared. Use these tips to get you ready for your big race.
- Check the weather forecast so you know exactly what to expect on race day.
- The night before your race make sure you pack up everything you will need, including: shoes, helmet, clothes for after the race and towel.
- Get your bike ready. Make sure the tires are in good condition and check your gears.
- On the morning of the race, get up early and eat a good breakfast, including a lot of carbs.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get the race site early to allow time to warm up before you need to report to the start line.
- Have a back-up bottle of water ready to take with you on your bike.
- Take a look at the course and make note of inclines and landmarks to help you establish where you are in the race.