D'Licious Quick and Easy Tortellini Summer Salad
Summer is here, and outdoor parties are the place to be. So Local 4 is here to help you make a new summer salad that everyone is sure to love. Our D’Licious Tortellini Salad is made with yummy vegetables, a light dressing and cheese tortellini. The salad is great for outdoors; there is no mayo just vinegar and oil, so it is perfect for a hot summer day.
The best part of this salad is you can create it however you like. If you don’t like orange peppers, switch it up with a yellow or a red pepper. Not a fan of broccoli? That’s okay, just throw a cucumber in instead. Make the salad the way you want, just make sure you have some of your favorite vegetables, tortellini, and a great dressing, and everyone will love it.
Here’s the recipe and please check out the video above to see how easy it is to make.
- 1 lb. Cheese Tortellini
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 3 cups Broccoli
- 1 ½ cup Grape Tomatoes
- ¾ cup Feta Cheese
- Packet of Garlic and Herb Salad dressing mix
- In a medium sauce pan boil water and add Cheese Tortellini. Cook the Tortellini until done (When the start to float to the top of the pan). Strain the tortellini and set aside
- Cut the pepper and the grape tomatoes and set aside
- Place the broccoli in a microwave dish and put a small amount of water on the bottom, cover with wax paper and microwave broccoli for 2:30-3 minutes
- Now it is time to assemble the salad, add the tortellini followed by the broccoli, peppers, grape tomatoes, and the feta cheese. Mix all together.
- For the dressing, in a bowl add 3 tablespoons of water, and ¼ cup red wine vinegar, add the packet of garlic and herb salad dressing mix and whisk it together, while mixing add 1/3 cup of canola oil to the mix.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix it all together and there you have it, tortellini salad.
*For less fat and carbs, eliminate half of the tortellini, add more of the vegetables you like
*For less sodium, use low sodium or reduced fat feta cheese or eliminate the feta cheese altogether
*If you don’t want garlic and herb dressing, try any house Italian dressing or make any type of oil and vinegar salad dressing