Highly anticipated Downtown Detroit restaurant sets open date
The Apparatus Room will officially open its doors in May
DETROIT – One of the spring's most anticipated Detroit restaurant openings finally has an open date.
The Apparatus Room, located inside the Detroit Foundation Hotel, will open to the public on May 15, 2017.
Located at 250 West Larned Street within the former Detroit Fire Department Headquarters, the modernized American restaurant will offer a region-focused experience with Michigan-native and two Michelin-starred chef, Thomas Lents.
“I am thrilled to return home and join this exciting moment in Detroit’s story,” said Lents. “In many ways the growth of the culinary scene in Detroit mirrors the growth and transformation we’ve seen in the city as a whole. As a chef, I am eager to work alongside the local farmers and food purveyors to bring our menu to life.”
The menu will feature modern American cuisine inspired by Chef’s seasonal and classic approach to cooking quality delicious food. Highlights from the dinner menu include:
● Pici: Beef heart in a bolognese style, house-made pici pasta and grated fresh horseradish — an ode to Detroit’s love of coney
● Langoustine: Sustainably sourced langoustines briefly grilled over fresh pine with a honey glaze and young spring turnips
● Sea Trout: Lightly cured sea trout and trout roe served in a light spiced cucumber broth with crisp radish and cucumbers
● Day Boat Halibut: Delicately poached halibut with spring herbs, fava beans and spring peas in a delicate onion broth
● Confit Suckling Pig Shoulder: Confit bone in suckling pig shoulder, roasted until crispy with a spicy pickled vegetable garnish and fresh escarole salad
● Green and Ripe Strawberry: A mix of ripe and green strawberries with Malabar black pepper, spring mint and balanced with the orange and rhubarb notes of aperol
The beverage program will feature classic and local-inspired craft cocktails and beer selections with a focused, refined wine list to compliment the dining experience. During the daytime, The Apparatus Room bar will serve as a modernized coffee counter with local partner Anthology Coffee and their contemporary small-lot coffees along with sweet and savory pastries, created in-house.
The Apparatus Room is named for its original purpose in the fire department headquarters to house fire engines and equipment. Designed in partnership with Detroit-based McIntosh Poris Associates and award-winning Simeone Deary Design Group, the restaurant will be an inviting space punctuated by a central communal bar and anchored by an open kitchen.
“We have long admired the culture and hospitality of Detroit,” said Mario Tricoci, co-founder and CEO of Aparium Hotel Group. “We are thrilled to collaborate with Chef Thomas Lents to join Detroit’s rising dining scene with the opening of The Apparatus Room at the Detroit Foundation Hotel.”
The Apparatus Room will be open daily, serving breakfast Monday through Friday 6:30am – 10:30am; lunch Monday through Friday 11am – 2pm; dinner Monday through Saturday 5:30pm – 10pm; and dinner on Sundays from 5:30pm – 9pm. Brunch will also be served on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30am – 2:30pm. The bar will offer an all day menu from 2pm -11pm.
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.