Andiamo recipe: Asparagus risotto with black truffles, shrimp
2oz: Leeks, diced
2oz: Celery, diced
6oz: Onion, diced
2cloves: Garlic, minced
Pinch of Saffron
14oz: Arborio rice, washed
1cup: White wine
4-5cups: Stock or broth
4oz: Parmesan cheese
8oz: Asparagus, washed and cut on bias into 2-3 inch pieces
¼oz: Black truffle slices
12each: Grape tomatoes, cut in half
8oz: Wild mushrooms, assorted varieties
8oz: Shrimp (26/30 size), remove tails
As needed: Salt and pepper to taste
As needed: Parmesan cheese
- Place the butter in a thick heavy bottom pot and sweat the celery, onions, leeks, garlic and saffron until the onions are transparent.
- Add the rice, stir it well. Cook until lightly toasted and nutty aroma is present.
- Deglaze with the white wine.
- Add 1/3 of the stock while stirring frequently until the stock is absorbed.
- Add the remaining stock in two or more additions stirring frequently.
- Cook the risotto until the rice is al-dente and most of the liquid is absorbed. The texture should be creamy.
- Add the shrimp, mushrooms, tomatoes and asparagus, cover and let steep until the seafood is cooked.
- Finish the risotto with the black truffle slices, then adjust the seasoning and texture with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese before service.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.