Build a Better Breakfast
Registered Dietitian Julie Feldman is here with healthy breakfast tips and recipes to keep you full all morning.
Eggs on the Go
• 1 cup chopped sweet peppers
• 1 cup cheddar
• 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
• 1 cup spinach, chopped
• 7 eggs
• ½ cup plain yogurt
• 1 t olive oil
1 Preheat oven to 350F.
2 In a skillet,add the olive oil and sauté your peppers and mushrooms.
3 Add your spinach and turn off the heat. Mix the spinach around until it's wilted.
4 In a bowl, whisk your eggs and yogurt. When they are mixed well, add half of the cheese.
5 Fold in the pepper mixture until well combined.
6 Spray the inside of the jars with cooking spray and then add the egg mixture. Make sure to leave ½ inch to 1 inch from the top because they will rise and you don't want it to spill over.
7 Top each of the jars with the remaining cheese.
8 Place jars on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or unitl the top is firm.
9 Let cool and then add your lid and store in the refrigerator or eat.
Note: These are ½ pint jars. If you use larger jars you will have to use more filling and it may take longer.
• 1 (5-7 oz) can tuna, undrained
• ¼ cup finely chopped bell pepper
• 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
• 1 large avocado, mashed
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced (top 2” removed)
• 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
• 1 large garlic clove, minced
• 6 slices of whole grain or gluten-free bread, sliced in half and toasted
11 In a small bowl, flake tuna with a fork. Mix in bell pepper, parsley, oil, and ½ teaspoon salt until well combined. Set aside.
12 In another small bowl, mix together remaining ingredients (except bread).
To serve, spread about 1 tablespoon of avocado mixture onto each slice of toast. Top with about 1 tablespoon of tuna mixture, and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper if desired.
• 1/2 cupUnsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
• 1/4 cupAllWhites® Egg Whites
• 1/4 cupCottage Cheese
• 1/2 cupPlain Greek Yogurt
• To tasteCinnamon and/or Stevia
Blend and enjoy!
Chocolate Overnight Parfait
• 1/2 cup rolled oats
• 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 2 tsp chia seeds, optional
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• 1 tbsp nut butter or melted coconut oil, optional
• 1/2 cup milk of choice
• ¼ C KIND Dark Chocolate Healthy Grains
• sweetener of choice, to taste
Stir together the first three ingredients (and chia, if using) in a mason jar or lidded container. Top with the remaining ingredients, then seal the lid tightly. Shake to evenly combine all ingredients. Transfer to the fridge, and let sit overnight. The next day, simply take off the lid and breakfast is ready! (If you’d prefer, you can also heat it up at this time.) Sweeten as desired, either before or after letting it sit.