Recipes for a 'healthy gut'
Maya Gangaharan is here with her keys to a healthier gut. Check out her delicious recipe below.
Cook a double or triple batch of these protein-packed muffins on the weekend, freeze, and you’ll have quick and easy meals or snacks throughout the busy week to reheat and enjoy.
YIELD: PREP TIME: COOK TIME: SERVING SIZE:
6 muffins 20 minutes 35 minutes 1 muffin
[1/4] cup diced yellow onion
[1/4] cup chopped green bell pepper
[1/4] cup peeled and chopped carrot
[1/4] cup chopped yellow squash
2 cloves garlic, minced
1[1/2] lb. (680g) ground chicken, preferably dark meat
[1/2] tsp. sea salt
[¼] tsp. ground black pepper
[1/4] tsp. dried oregano
[1/4] tsp. dried basil
[1/4] tsp. dried rosemary
1 large egg
2 TB. sugar-free tomato paste
[1/2] cup almond flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly oil a 6-cup king-size (3.5 x 3-inch; 9x7.5 cm) muffin tin with animal fat or coconut oil.
2. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, sauté yellow onion, green bell pepper, carrot, yellow squash, and garlic for 3 or 4 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, and using clean hands, combine chicken, sautéed vegetables, sea salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, rosemary, egg, almond flour and tomato paste.
4. Divide chicken mixture evenly among the 6 muffin cups, and bake for 35 minutes.
5. Serve immediately, or freeze muffins individually.