Learn healthy habits at Detroit Waldorf School
Learn healthy habits at Detroit Waldorf School's "Wellness at Waldorf" workshop.
Wellness at Waldorf’s Michigan Kale Salad
Prep time 10 mins Cook time 40 min Total time 15 mins Serves 4-5
• 1 Large head of kale
• 2 Michigan Apples, sliced.
• 2 roasted beets, cubed.
• ½ red onion, diced.
• Handful of Michigan Cherries or Cranberries
• Sprinkle of Toasted Sunflower Seeds
• 1 tsp Lemon Juice
• 1 clove minced garlic
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• Olive oil
• Michigan Honey
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Wash beets, wrap in foil, and roast in oven for 40-50 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, wash and tear kale into salad ready pieces.
3. Slice apple and dice onion. After beets cook, allow to cool and cut into cubed pieces.
4. Combine dressing ingredients to taste in small bowl or jar, whisk or shake until blended. Dress kale and massage until greens are tender.
5. Top salad with remaining ingredients and serve!