Mother's Day is this Sunday and we want to make it extra-special for the moms in our community with a week full of prize giveaways! Every day we will reveal a new prize from one of our partners, and they stack up on top of each other! Yesterday we revealed the second prize, a gift basket from LaVida Massage worth $125. This adds on to the first prize, $175 worth of gift cards to The Village of Rochester Hills shopping center. So what prize are we adding on today?
Drum roll please...
Today we are giving away a $170 gift card to our friends at Andiamo Restaurants! It's a great way to treat mom and the family to a fabulous brunch on Mother's Day. Jim Oppat, the corporate executive chef of Andiamo Restaurants joined hosts Tati Amare and Jason Carr to discuss their menu for Mother's Day. He cooked up a delicious dish of eggs benedict (the recipe is below) and brought in a plethora of pastries, drinks, and other items they will have for brunch.
For more information on Andiamo, or to book a reservation, visit andiamoitalia.com.
This article is sponsored by Andiamo.
Eggs Benedict for Mother’s Day Brunch
2 oz Cider Vinegar
½ t Peppercorns
1 sprig Fresh Thyme
1 each Bay Leaf
2 each Parsley Stems
3 oz Water
6 each Egg Yolks
15 oz Clarified Butter
2 t Lemon Juice
1 gal Water
1 each Onions, peeled and rough cut
2 each Celery ribs, rinsed and rough cut
1 each Carrots, peeled and rough cut
1 bunch Parsley stems
1 each Lemons, rough cut
2 each Bay leaves, dry
1 cup White wine vinegar
1 teas Black peppercorns, dry
2 oz Salt, iodized
Items Required for Final Plate Presentation:
- English Muffins, split, buttered and lightly toasted
- Thick slices on Canadian bacon, heated through
- Reserve warm
- Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves, sautéed in small amount of olive oil, and garlic if desired, to wilt and remove excess water from spinach
- Saute and season with salt and pepper, reserve warm
- Eggs cracked into small dishes for poaching
- One prepared recipe of Courte Bouillon
- One prepared recipe of Hollandaise Sauce
- Freshly chopped chives or ramps for garnish