National Hummus Day Recipes
Cucumber Flatbread with Shaved Red Onion and Whipped Feta Cheese
Yields 2 Flatbreads
· 2, 8-inch Flatbreads
· 1 English Cucumber, Sliced Thin
· ½ Red Onion, Shaved Thin
· 4 oz. Feta Cheese, Crumbled
· ½ Cup Whole Milk
· 8oz. Garden Fresh Gourmet® Organic Garlic Hummus
· 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, Roughly Chopped
· 1 Lemon, Cut into Wedges
1. Toast flatbreads in the oven at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
2. In a food processor, combine feta cheese and milk, and puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl or plastic squeeze bottle.
3. Using a spatula or knife, spread the hummus evenly across the two flatbreads.
4. Place the sliced cucumbers onto the flatbread, followed by the shaved red onions.
5. Drizzle the whipped feta across the flatbread.
6. Cut the flatbread in half or quarters, and finish with the chopped fresh dill. Serve the lemon wedges on the side as garnish or to squeeze on top.
“Everything” Spiced Deviled Eggs
Yields 12 Deviled Eggs
· 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
· 8oz. Garden Fresh Gourmet® Organic Original Hummus
· 1 tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon “Everything” spice OR 1 Teaspoon of each, mixed together: Sesame Seed, Poppy Seed, Onion Flakes, Garlic Flakes, Kosher Salt
· ½ a Bunch Fresh Chives, Cut into 1-inch Strips
1. Slice the hard boiled eggs in half.
2. Pass egg yolks through mesh sieve or mash with a fork.
3. Combine the yolks, hummus and 1 tablespoon of “everything” spice. Transfer to piping bag or a clear zip bag, and cut the corner to pipe.
4. Pipe a generous amount of filling into each egg.
5. Finish with a sprinkling of the “everything” spice, and garnish with a strip of chive.