Morning Show Insider: Family Fun
4 things to watch for -- Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Evrod Cassimy: This was one of the best weekends I’ve had with my family. Specifically Friday night. We attended the annual Hob Nobble Gobble event at Ford Field and it did not disappoint! My kids were excited as they are every year leading up to the event. My wife had picked out their outfits and we were more than excited to see Nelly perform live! We enjoyed the delicious food, drinks and rides and got front row seats to see Nelly! Who knew he would invite my boys on stage with him to dance to the popular song Old Town Road?! They had an absolute blast and were still talking about the event the whole way home! Nelly certainly put on a great show and the event raised so much money for charity!
Reminiscing about the event is a great way to start the work week. See ya when you wake up!
Here’s what’s coming up on Tuesday, November 26, 2019 on Local 4 News Today
All Morning -- Holiday Travel Forecast
If Tuesday is a big travel day for you or the family, it’s looking pretty good Tuesday around Metro Detroit with morning temps in the mid 30s to near 40 degrees, and light winds keep wind chills out of the equation early. We will see some sunny breaks in the clouds, but we do expect mostly cloudy skies most of the day with highs around 50°F and winds SW 5-10 mph. Rain will start moving in late Tuesday and we could even see rain and thunderstorms overnight into early Wednesday.
- Get the full forecast here
All Morning -- Watching the Roads
It’s a big travel week for many Metro Detroit families. If you plan to skip town, or have plans to do a lot of driving this week, make us your first stop. Kim DeGiulio will have updated road conditions all morning.
- Check traffic conditions in your neighborhood here
6:00 a.m. -- Grand Prix Preview
Wait, we’re talking about the Belle Isle Grand Prix already?! You better believe it. Jason Carr will be live at the Ren Cen Tuesday morning with a special announcement.
6:40 a.m. -- Tasty Tuesday
We’re hoping to help you take some stress out of Thanksgiving dinner. One local spot is offering gourmet to go, with more than 60 different food options. They’re also offering a deal for you. Brandon Roux will take us inside.
- Redskins come back to beat Lions; Haskins misses final snap
- Experts warn they’re seeing consequences of too much screen time for young children
- Hiccups might be more important than you think
- Swift wins top honor at AMAs, breaks MJ record
❓Today’s Trivia Retake❓
Every weekday morning at 6 a.m., we ask you a trivia question on Local 4 for a chance to win a prize.
- Monday Question: What cartoon character was introduced on this day in 1940 in the animated short “Knock Knock”?
- Answer: Woody the Woodpecker
- Be sure to watch daily at 6 a.m. and click this link to enter for a chance to win.
National Days: November 26th
- National Cake Day
History Highlights: November 26th
- In 1789, Americans observed a day of thanksgiving set aside by President George Washington to mark the adoption of the Constitution of the United States.
- In 1825, the first college social fraternity, the Kappa Alpha Society, was formed at Union College in Schenectady, N.Y.
- In 1883, former slave and abolitionist Sojourner Truth died in Battle Creek, Mich.
- In 1917, the National Hockey League was founded in Montreal, succeeding the National Hockey Association.
- In 1942, the Warner Bros. motion picture “Casablanca,” starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, had its world premiere at the Hollywood Theater in New York.
- In 1973, President Richard Nixon’s personal secretary, Rose Mary Woods, told a federal court that she’d accidentally caused part of the 18-1/2-minute gap in a key Watergate tape.
- In 2017, Congressman John Conyers of Michigan gave up his leadership position as the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, while denying allegations that he had sexually harassed female staff members.
- In 2017, amid allegations that he had groped women in the past, Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken said he felt “embarrassed and ashamed,” but that he looked forward to gradually regaining the trust of voters. (Franken announced less than two weeks later that he was resigning from Congress.)
- In 2017, Pixar’s “Coco” achieved the fourth-best Thanksgiving weekend ever at the box office, with an estimated $71.2 million over the five days.
Celebrity Birthdays: November 26th
Celebrating a birthday Tuesday? Submit a Sunshine Award here and we could say your name on Local 4 News Today during our 6 a.m. show.
Here's who you're sharing a birthday with --
- Impressionist Rich Little is 81.
- Singer Tina Turner is 80.
- Singer Jean Terrell (replaced Diana Ross in the Supremes) is 75.
- Country singer Linda Davis is 57.
- Actor Scott Adsit (“30 Rock”) is 54.
- Hip-hop artist DJ Khaled is 44.
- Actress Maia Campbell (“In the House”) is 43.
- Country singer Joe Nichols is 43.
- Singer Natasha Bedingfield is 38.
Local 4 News Today links
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.