Where to shop for Small Business Saturday | What you missed this week
A look at stories you may have missed this week -- and a look at what's happening around town.
Happy Saturday! The weekend edition of this newsletter will be a bit different from the normal Monday through Friday version. On Saturdays, I'll take a look some of my top picks from the last week, and highlight some of the events going on around Metro Detroit. Enjoy!
I hope you had a great holiday week. Today is Small Business Saturday -- a day to shop local for your holiday rush. We’ve compiled a list of local businesses to check out around Metro Detroit.
Stories you missed this week
- Man plans to pay off student loans after winning $500K on scratch off: The holiday season kicked off a little early for a Jackson County man!
- MDOT: Incorrect concrete mix used for portion of I-75 construction project: Contractor paving crews will have to remove and replace some of the new I-75 concrete in Oakland County because an inspection revealed the incorrect concrete mix was used on portions of the new pavement.
- Residents dealing with loud noises from trains idling for days in Bloomfield Hills: Trains have been idling on about three miles of tracks, from Opdyke and Kensington roads to almost 12 Mile Road.
- 10 most dangerous Michigan roads for winter driving: Michigan is the most dangerous state for winter driving in the U.S., according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Events around town this weekend
- Michigan vs. Ohio State at The Big House: It’s the annual rivalry game -- Go Blue! If you’re looking for a place to watch the game, check out Beacon Park. Kickoff is at 12 p.m. on Saturday.
- The Nutcracker at Detroit Opera House: The event features live accompaniment from the Michigan Opera Theatre Orchestra as well as complimentary children’s activities before the performance at during intermission.
- Holiday Markets 2019 at Eastern Market: The Sunday Holiday Markets kick off and will run through December at Eastern Market in Detroit.
- Wild Lights at Detroit Zoo: The Detroit Zoo will light up the night again this holiday season with Wild Lights, a spectacular light display.
Hey, if you like this newsletter, let us know. We’d love your feedback. We also offer several other newsletters that probably cater to at least one of your interests -- unless you’re only interested in radiators. We don’t have one for radiators. Sorry.
Let's Link 🔗
Be sure to check in with ClickOnDetroit throughout the day for the latest news, weather and traffic. We’re always working to keep you updated on the stories that matter most to you. We also like to have some fun along the way.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.